Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
GHDs are rare to find in CrossFit equipment packages. You usually need to purchase them by yourself if you really want to own one. If you are willing to develop the posterior chain, build strong glutes and promote core-to-extreme power, a GHD is a great tool. Check out this review on these three top glute ham developers to get an idea of what you may end up purchasing.
Rogue Abram Glute Ham Developer 2.0
This durable, stable and comfortable machine is at the top line for GHD machines. It offers you everything you want from a GHD. You know you will find quality when you find a Rogue product. The versatility of this machine is incredible, and it is extremely easy to use, so there is no doubt why it is one of the favorite among CrossFitters. It will last and get the job done. What else could you ask for?
York ST Commercial GHD
This option has its own appeal, since its features are different from other GHD such as the ones from Rogue. Since it is a commercial machine, it may be a bit pricey for you, but the investment is worth it. These are the main features that will make it worth purchasing:
- Adjustments: height, shape, exercises of choice. Not many machines will let you make as many as this GHD. It provides 29 different angles and positions that you can put the padding in.
- Added twin padding. Your hip will enjoy added support for GHD exercises.
- Long sturdy base.
- Two high-quality pads. They can be adjusted to various heights. This makes it comfortable for athletes of all sizes.
Fringesport OneFitWonder GHD
This glute ham developer is a good option for a personal garage gym. The brand that sells it is Fringesport, a very reputable company. Its target is the posterior chain and does a great job for CrossFitters willing to work on that area of their body. This GHD offers nice stability thanks to the anchor holes. It also a knee pad that makes mounting and dismounting quite easy. Another nice feature is its split roller pads with a nice channel that all men would be thankful for. With a 5-year-warranty, you will not get many products with this quality for the price of this glute ham developer.
Crossfit Rowers Reviews
Rowing is a big component of CrossFit workouts. Since it is an important part of your program, why not purchase a good rower to train with rowing exercises at your personal gym at home? CrossFitters consider heads down the Concept2 rowing machines the best option. Let’s have a look at some of the most popular Concept2 models and the different features they have.
As you can see, they all have their good things and their downsides. All models are on the high end of prices, so double check if they fit what you need, especially if you are thinking of purchasing a Dynamic model. You should be careful not only with your budget, but also the space for storage you have available! If money is not an issue, the best option for doing your exercises at home is Concept 2 Model D.
Is this the only brand that offers quality rowing machines for your CrossFit WODs? Of course not! Check out these two perfectly functional rower models from other brands that are great alternatives to the Concept 2 models. Pay special attention to the kind of rowers they are, because they might not be suitable for what you are looking for!
WaterRower Club Rower
Build quality and superior materials put this rowing machine up at the same level as the top rowing machine brands, such as the already discussed Concept 2. What makes it a good choice for workouts?
- It has been made completely naturally.
- It is one of the quietest rowers on the market.Wood absorbs most of the vibration and sound that comes from it while working out.
- It is a water resistant rower. Ideal for CrossFit WOD
- Includes a performance monitor, which consists of a large LCD screen very easy to read.
- Excellent design. If your colleagues or friends happen to visit, it is always great to show off with a stylish rowing machine.
Stamina Air Rower
If your real burden is your budget, you may find this good quality rower a great opportunity for your CrossFit exercises. If you want it to get trained into rowing, then this is not what you are looking for. These are the features this rowing machine has to offer you:
- It is an air resistance rower. As already stated, this would be enough for the aerobic exercises you will follow in your WOD. The ones who should look for something else are those wanting to train for real rowing.
- It provides easy storage. It folds up into a compact size.
- It has a sturdy feeling while rowing despite not weighting too much.
- Its seat is comfortable for the price.
- It has smooth action.
- It is quieter than most air rowers available on the market.
- It includes a basic but easy-to-use console.